I recently posted a vegan peanut butter cheesecake on my instagram. I used a recipe I found from a finnish blog Kamomillan Konditoria. A few requested to have the recipe translated to english so here comes.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the selection of vegan cheese or dairy brands in other countries so I will try my best to describe the possible equivalents. The mentioned brands are on bold. You can find some of these at least around Europe. The cake itself is very easy to make. I’m very curious about the selection of the vegan dairy products in other countries so leave a comment and let me and the readers know about the selection in your country.
Peanut butter Cheesecake, 12 pieces
300g Digestive cookies (or other vegan oat cookies)
100g vegan butter/plant based butter
4dl / 1.7 cups vegan whipped cream*
400g Tofutti vegan cream cheese**
1,5 dl / 0.6 cups smooth plain peanut butter
1,5 dl / 0.6 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract or 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
75g vegan dark chocolate
1 dl / 0.4 cups salted peanuts
- Prepare a 24cm / 10 inch springform pan by detaching the sides and place baking paper on it and attach the sides back again.
Cut the extra paper off.
You can also use cupcake molds and make individual cakes.
Crush the cookies.
Melt the butter and mix it with the crushed cookies.
If the cookie base feels too dry you can add little bit of water.
Place the cookie base on the pan as the first layer.
- Whip the cream and run the cream cheese with a mixer to be little bit smoothier. Mix all the ingredients listed as the filling together.
Spread the filling on top of the cookie base.
Put the cake in the fridge for 4hours (or overnight).
- Melt the chocolate and spread half of it on top of the cake. Then add the peanuts on top and use the remaining chocolate on top.
- Keep refrigerated when done.
* In Finland we have this vegan whipped cream product made from oats. You could use whipped coconut cream too but that will change the flavour of the cake. If you know of a vegan whipped cream in your country, let me and other readers know in the comments!
** I used Tofutti’s unflavoured cream cheese spread. It is a US product so you might find it in your country too. If you know other cream cheese vegan products in your country, once again leave a comment!