A really simple under the budget quinoa recipe that’s a perfect lunch but also a salad to go with fish or something else you had prepared for dinner. And if there is leftovers, just use it on top of a bread or with eggs in the morning as your breakfast. Click to see the full recipe!
The Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1,5 cups quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- canned mussels
- Bring to boil 2 cups of water. When boiling add quinoa and let it boil for 10minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and prepare the avocado and let them wait in a bowl for quinoa to be ready.
- When quinoa is almost ready after 10 minutes. Take some kale and set it on top of the quinoa and put the lid on, let the kale steam for 5minutes.
- Cut the onion into small pieces and set it on top of the kale. Let it steam for 2minutes.
- When quinoa, kale and the onions are ready take the pan off the stove and mix in tomatoes, avocado and the mussels. Mix all together.
- Use lemon juice to enhance the flavours.